Doddington Hall, Lincolnshire
The house was built in 1595 - 1600 for Thomas Tailor, a Lawyer from Lincoln, to the designs of Robert Smythson. The house has passed through the female line to the Hussey family and then to the Delevals. John Hussey Delaval, 1st Baron Delaval, employed Thomas and William Lumby of Lincoln to make improvements to the interior in 1761. Most of the interiors are now in the Georgian style. He also brought in seventeenth century tapestries to cover the walls of some of the bedrooms.
The house remains in private ownership, having now passed to Claire & Kames Birch. Attractions include gardens with a modern sculpture trail and a farm shop.