Georgian Society for East Yorkshire

Burton Constable Hall Stables, East Yorkshire

Burton Constable Stables

Burton Constable Stables

The Stables at Burton Constable Hall were built in 1770 to the designs of Timothy Lightoler. The scale of the blocks reflects the Clifford Constable families love of riding. There were two stable blocks: the most architecturally sophisticated housed the hunters while the draught horses had a plainer building. The grooms slept on the upper floors. A large indoor riding school was added to the south end in 1842. The buildings are currently being converted for visitors.

http://www.burtonconstable.com/

In this section

Related Products

Related News