Georgian Society for East Yorkshire

Normanby Hall, Lincolnshire

Normanby Hall

Normanby Hall

Normanby Hall, once the seat of the Sheffields, was built between 1825 and 1830 to the designs of Sir Robert Smirke. Walter H Brierley added wings in 1906. Smirke’s marble chimney-pieces, carved perhaps by one of the Westmacotts, remain, and Smirke’s colour scheme has been restored in the halls, library and music room.

http://www.northlincs.gov.uk/tourism-museums-and-the-arts/normanby-hall-country-park/

In this section

Related Products

Related News