St Oswald's Church, Hotham, East Yorkshire
Norman in origin with a short west tower of the early 12th century and one Early English window in the nave. The chancel was rebuilt 1904-5 by the Hull architect F.S. Brodrick. Of particular note is the early 19th-century extension on the north side of the nave, built to house the squire's pew. An external door leads to a staircase to the first-floor pew fitted out with comfortable seating and a fireplace.
Inside the church are six superb brightly coloured stained-glass windows by the major Scottish artist Douglas Strachan inserted 1938-45.