Southwood Hall, Cottingham, East Yorkshire
Now surrounded by twentieth century developments, Southwood Hall is a remarkably intact example of a late seventeenth century house. It was built sometime before 1661 for the Bacchus family and was later a tenanted farmhouse; few alterations have been made since the eighteenth century. The house displays the bold decorative brick work typical of the seventeenth century.
The present owners have restored the walled garden and orchard at the rear of the property and have recreated the formal garden at the front.