St Margaret's, Well, Lincolnshire
Built in 1733 for the Bateman Family, St Margaret's is a Georgian church set in parkland. It has a portico with Tuscan columns, strong pediment and deep eaves. The interior has a stately Venetian window above the altar at the west end and pews with fluted pilasters, facing each other. A very high triple-decker pulpit leads the eye to the plasterwork ceiling of angels, swags and acanthus.
Photograph © Copyright Richard Croft and licensed for reuse under this Creative Commons Licence http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-sa/2.0/