Georgian Architecture & The Georgian Society for East Yorkshire, by Austen Redman & David Neave
"This publication has been produced to celebrate the 75th anniversary of the Georgian Society for East Yorkshire. At the beginning of 1937 Rupert Alec-Smith, then aged just 23, and upset at the demolition of Georgian buildings in the East Riding, set about founding the society. We are proud to claim that we are the oldest society concerned with the preservation of Georgian buildings, because our first meeting took place just a few days before that of the national Georgian Group."
Professor Roger Lewis, Chairman
"...excellent historical articles. A very good & worthwhile production"
John Martin Robinson
Internet price £10. Post and packing is free within the UK.
Price: £10.00+P&P. In stock.
In this section
- The Society and Its Activities
- History of the Society
- Publications by the Society
- Files to Download
- Membership of the Society
- Contact the Society and Its Committee
- Current Campaigns
- "A Celebration of Architecture" Launched at the Hull History Centre
- Why not give one of our books for Christmas?
- Book Launch at 2014 AGM - photograph
- New Book Launched - "Georgian Architecture & The Georgian Society for East Yorkshire"
- AGM Tomorrow at the Hull History Centre
- New Book Order Form Online - prices Reduced